
Okay, which one of you ladies was it? Totin' your seahorse tote round the UWS and lookin' so cute as to risk causing well-intentioned seahorses to abandon their own professed political positions? Shame on you!
Anonymous "m4w" of Harlem/Morningside clearly was not rejecting conventional gender roles when he encountered you and decided to post the following on craigslist's missed connections:
He also clearly does not reject conventional pickup lines.Seahorses reject conventional gender roles - m4w (Harlem / Morningside)
Reply to: pers-994455494@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2009-01-15, 6:17PM EST
(as per the aphorism in your tote bag). But I wonder if they have had the chance of feeling hypnotized by your eyes -as I still am under their spell.
What we like about Mr. "m4w" is that he has elevated the seahorse caption to the level of an "aphorism" and he uses phrases like "as per." This is flattering for us, not to mention it probably means that he has some sort of degree which makes him worthy of taking home to Scarsdale. The potential risk is of course that he is a 39-year-old unwashed advanced PhD student who lurks daily at the back of the Hungarian Pastry Shop looking for girls with clever tote bags to prey upon. Be wary, friend, you could be just one of many. But our official position is that you should give this fella a chance. He clearly has good taste!
A MILLION THANKS to the brilliant, beautiful, and multi-talented Kathleen Reckling for spotting this while perusing the missed connections before bed, as per her ritual. I would guess that she was the pretty-eyed culprit here if I didn't know she owns a Nigel bag and ladybug tee instead!
1 comment:
I love this post (and I love the links to my blogs). Seeing this CL posting made me absurdly happy. Talk about an ideal testimonial.
Post a Comment